Why is sexual abuse so hurtful. Most of the time those of us who have been abused were abused by people we trust and love. This is why I tell people that when they get to a strong place in their mind they need to confront the person that abused them. That way your abuser will know just how much they hurt you. Taking your power back as a victim of abuse is key to your recovery. Understanding that you do not have to stay an sexual abuse victim instead you need to become a survivor. Becoming a survivor will help you help other people and that in turn will help you to become a stronger person . Sexual abuse can make you feel worthless and helpless. One of the things that I have learned over the years is that abuse is what you make it. No, the abuse is not your fault, but surviving is. You must find ways to rechannel the memories and the feelings of devastation. Learning how to change your thinking when something triggers a memory. Take a deep breath and keep telling yourself that everything is going to be ok. Discovering how to recognize what behaviors will triggers a memory or a flashback.
That is all for now. I will talk to you tomorrow about the many techniques that I have learned about myself when it come to coping with flashbacks and the memories of the abuse. Until next time.
Empower Yourself,
Casey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment